|Pork Chop Roll-Ups with Cream Cheese and|
Yellow Squash and Tomato Chutney
- 4 pork chops (trimmed of any bone and fat)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz yellow squash and tomato chutney
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- melted butter
- Pound chops thin with a meat mallet. (I love whacking stuff with the mallet. Just make sure to put a piece of waxed paper over the chop unless you're a big fan of bits of meat and juice flying all over the kitchen. Also make all loose objects are secure, because you're going to be rattling the counter top whaling away on the pork)
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese over each chop. Leave a little space around the edge. Spread 1 tablespoon of chutney over the cream cheese.
- Roll chops up jelly-style
- Mix flour and bread crumbs in a bowl; whisk egg in another bowl
- Dredge roll in flour/crumb mixture, dip roll in egg wash, dredge again in flour/crumb mixture
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet covered with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook 25 minutes at 375, turning once during cooking. If you see any dry spots on the rolls during cooking, just paint them with some of the melted butter. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.