|You may be throwing 90 cents in the trash, |
but you're saving about $35,000 in hospital bills.
|Clear the Kitchen Casserole|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounce) sauerkraut, drained
- 1 can (14 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10.5 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 banana peppers, sliced and seeded (or use two bell peppers if you don't like banana peppers)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped (or 1 4 ounce small can of mushrooms, drained and chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- In a large pan, heat oil. Add beef, onions, peppers and mushrooms. Brown meat. Once meat is browned and the veggies tender, take off the heat and drain excess oil.
- Cook the pasta to al dente. Drain off the water and return the pasta to the pot. Dump the meat mixture in there with it.
- Unceremoniously dump all the remaining ingredients in the pot and stir until everything is incorporated. Enjoy the horrifying wet noises it makes while you stir it.
- Find a large Pyrex casserole dish. Spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Dump the contents of the pot into the dish. Spread it all to an even layer.
- Chuck it an oven preheated to 375F (190C, Gasmark 5). Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until casserole is starting to bubble and the top is getting crispy.