|Gnocchi and Sausage in Herb Butter Sauce|
- 1 pound gnocchi (I used a pumpkin-potato gnocchi, but you can use what you want. You could probably get away with just about any pasta you want)
- 1/2 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage (I used uncased sausage. Feel free to use the links and cut them in to about 1/2" discs)
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Bavarian Seasoning from the Spice House (if you don't have access to this, it's a mix of brown mustard seed, rosemary thyme, garlic, sage and bay leaf)
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Put onion and sausage in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Brown sausage and drain excess oil.
- Add butter and herbs. Lower heat to medium and stir until butter is melted.
- Cook gnocchi (or pasta of choice) according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add cheese to sausage and butter mix. Stir until cheese is incorporated.
- Add gnocchi to sauce and toss until gnocchi are covered in sauce and sausage is distributed.