|Spaghetti with Oil and Bacon Jam|
(Recipe makes 2 servings, or one if you're a fat bastard like me)
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (use as many virgins as you'd like)
- 3 tablespoons bacon jam
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried, minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (add a little more if you'd like a bit more kick)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta until aldente. Set aside to drain.
- In a large pan, on medium-high head, melt butter and add olive oil.
- Add the onion and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the bacon jam. Stir until jam breaks down into the butter/oil mix.
- Add the garlic powder and pepper flakes.
- Add the pasta back to the pan. Toss until the pasta is totally coated with the sauce.
- Add the cheese and toss again.
- (If you feel the dish could use some color, feel free to toss in some chopped parsley)