|Sausage and Peppers Diavolo|
- 12 ounces Farfalle (that's what we cooking types call bow-tie pasta. Nothing impresses your dinner guests like pretentiousness)
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed (the choice of sweet or hot sausage it up to you. Either will work here)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil (use extra virgin if you happen to have a surplus of virgins in your house)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (you can use less if you're a wuss)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- grated Asiago cheese for garnish
- In a large, non-stick pan, brown Italian sausage and break into crumbles. On medium-high heat, this will take about 5-8 minutes. Make sure to drain off any excess oil. Add the garlic, onion and peppers about half way through.
- Cook pasta according to directions (the directions for the pasta, not the directions for anything else. Following instant pudding directions here would not be helpful)
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add the sausage and pepper mix. Add the olive oil, red pepper, basil, and Parmesan. Toss to ensure everything is evenly coated.
- Throw a big helping on a plate and top with grated Asiago.