The main issue I have with Casey's breakfast pizzas is that they are only available in the morning. If I sleep in too late, I miss the window to get one. I took it upon myself to replicate the recipe. The wife claims it is just as good, if not better.
|Nutritionally Irresponsible Breakfast Pizza|
- 1 7.5 oz. tube buttermilk biscuit dough
- 4 medium eggs
- 2T water
- 2T butter/margarine
- 1/2lb breakfast sausage (I used maple)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly grease pizza stone/pan
- Knead biscuit dough into a ball. Roll out to about 10-12" diameter and place on stone/pan
- Whisk eggs and water in a small bowl. Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat. Cook eggs on medium heat, pushing them around with a spatula to break them into a loose scramble. When eggs are still just a touch runny, remove from heat.
- Spread eggs over pizza crust.
- Cook sausage according to directions on package. Drain excess grease. Sprinkle over the eggs.
- Sprinkle cheeses evenly across pizza.
- Cook pizza for about 20-25 minutes or until crust starts to get golden and cheese melts.
The entire pizza is about 1800 calories. We cut ours into quarters, so 450 calories per serving. It's probably for the best that we not talk about fat and sodium content here.