|Oven Gratin Potatoes|
(vial Pol Martin's Supreme Cuisine)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced, set in cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon savory
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drain potatoes and dry well. Place in bowl.
- Mix savory, cayenne, white pepper and parsley together. Add to potatoes and mix.
- Rub baking dish with garlic clove. Butter dish generously and arrange potato slices in layers. Season with salt, if desired.
- Mix eggs, milk and cream together. Pour over potatoes. Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes. Add shredded mozzarella during last 10-15 minutes of cooking.