Monday, January 21, 2013

Recipe Monday: Shoofly Pie

     I haven't really done much in the way of desserts and I apologize for that. We all love desserts. I have no recollection where I dug up the recipe. If it looks familiar, let me know and I'll give credit where credit is due. This particular dessert is really an acquired tasted. There is no middle ground here. You're going to love it or you're going to hate it. If you try it, let me know which it is.

Shoofly Pie. Tastes A LOT better than it looks.
Ingredients: 
  • Pastry Shell 
  • 1 ½ cup flour 
  • ½ cup margarine 
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar 
  • 1 tsp. baking soda 
  • 1 cup boiling water 
  • ½ cup molasses 
  • ½ cup honey
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F. 
  2. Sift flower into a large bowl. 
  3. Cut in margarine until pea sized. 
  4. Stir in sugar. Set mixture aside. 
  5. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water. Add molasses and honey. 
  6. Pour mixture into pastry shell. 
  7. Sprinkle flour mix over the top 
  8. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes. 
  9. Reduce to 350F and bake for another 25-30 minutes. 
  10. Allow to cool before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Jeez!! I haven't had Shoofly Pie in AGES. Have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete