Thursday, February 6, 2014

Slow Cooker Breakfast Concoction

     It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I know that The Wife and I make it a point to try to have something for breakfast every day. This can be challenging for us during the week. Normally we end up having toast or a piece of fruit. During the winter, it's nice to have something warm and filling. That's what lead to this recipe. It looks like absolute crap, but it smells and tastes great. There's plenty of good stuff in there to keep you running until lunch. If you don't feel like making my apples, you can get away with regular sliced apples and just add more apple juice to replace the syrup. Other notes are, as always, in blue.


Slow Cooker Breakfast Concoction
Ingredients
  • 2 cups granola cereal of your choice
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 2 cups Spiked Apples
  • 1/4 cup syrup from the apples
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins (it's not a big deal if you use non-golden, I just liked the uniform color of the dish)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
Directions
  1. Spray slow cooker (the inside, not the outside. This is a critical distinction) with nonstick cooking spray. 
  2. Load all ingredients into slow cooker and stir to mix.
  3. Cook on LOW for 5 hours. Check it and stir it occasionally. If it starts to scorch, add more apple juice or milk.
It looked better BEFORE I cooked it! At least it tasted good!
Good Times!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there~ I'm stopping in from Let's Get Real today. You are right.......it does look like crap. I make crock pot oatmeal and it looks horrible, but it tastes so good. This sounds like a nice combination of flavors. I love using my crock to cook. It kind of feels like someone cooked for me when I open up the lid and I just have to sit down and eat.

    ReplyDelete