Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sweet Potato Wedges with Chile Cream

     Sometimes you find a recipe so simple, you can't believe it can be so good. I'm fairly sure I dug this one up a few years ago from Bon Appetit magazine. Regardless, it's a rock solid recipe. I've served it as a side dish in the past. This year I served it as a snacketizer. There's plenty of room for personal interpretation as far as the chipotle pepper sauce goes. You can use hot or mild sauce depending on how big a wuss you are. Actually, I've found that the Taco Bell Bold & Creamy Chipotle Sauce is a fine addition to this recipe. Don't judge me. As always, any notes are in blue.
Sweet Potato Wedges
with Chile Cream
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, divided
  • 2 teaspoons chipotle hot pepper sauce
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (or use the stuff in the plastic lime, I won't tell anyone)
  • 3 pounds medium sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into ¾ inch wedges, with skin (when I serve them as a snacketizer I cut those wedges in half width-wise)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
Directions:
  1. Whisk sour cream, 1 tablespoon green onion tops, chipotle hot sauce and lime juice in small bowl; cover and chill.
    Sorry.
  2. Preheat oven to 425F. 
  3. Combine sweet potato wedges, oil and cumin in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. 
  4. Arrange potato wedges on a baking sheet. Roast until tender and browned in spots. About 20 minutes. 
  5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 
  6. Place wedges on large platter. Drizzle chile cream over. Sprinkle remaining green onions over top. You can also serve the cream in a small bowl for dipping.
Good times!

1 comment:

  1. I love sweet potatoes and this sounds so delicious. Thank you for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. I look forward to seeing you next week.

    ReplyDelete