Saturday, December 8, 2012

Middle Class Bartending: Drunk For The Holidays

     As tonight is the first night of Hanukkah, I figured it would be appropriate to celebrate with a beverage or eight. In honor of the Festival of Lights, I will get lit up. I can't promise you I'll get fershnickered each night, since I'd like to remain employed, but I will try to come up with a Hanukkah (or at the very least Jewish) themed drink for each night. I'll still only update on the regular days, so you'll see a couple of drinks at a time. The first one is a gimme. On the first night of Hanukkah, we only have the one candle (two if you count the Shamash candle). Not a lot of light. No light? That's dark. Tunkl is Yiddish for dark. Thus we have:

Tunklberry Cocktail

Ingredients

  • 1 ounce Blackberry Whiskey (I prefer Bird Dog)
  • 3 ounces Blackberry Manischewitz "wine"
  • Lemon-lime soda
  • Lemon slice
  • Ice
  • Rocks glass
Directions
  1. Put whiskey and wine in shaker with ice; shake
  2. Put a couple ice cubes into a rocks glass
  3. Strain shaker into rocks glass
  4. Top with lemon-lime soda
  5. Garnish with lemon slice
L'chaim!


No comments:

Post a Comment