Saturday, December 15, 2012

Middle Class Bartending: Days 6-8

     Well, Hanukkah is over, and so is the holiday party I just threw. I probably should have taken pictures of the spread, but I started drinking about 2:30pm and it sort of went downhill from there. By rough estimates, my guests consumed somewhere in the area of five gallons of assorted alcohol. A good time was had by all.  So, it appears I still owe you three themed drink recipes.  One of the traditions of Hanukkah in my home was the eating of chocolate coins. Horribly crappy chocolate wrapped in gold foil. Here's an update:

Just like this, except you end up shitfaced.

Hanukkah Gelt

Ingredients
  • 2 parts Godiva chocolate liquer
  • 1 part Goldschlager
  • Shaved chocolate
Directions
  1. Shake ingredients with ice in shaker
  2. Strain into martini glass
  3. Garnish with shaved chocolate
     Moving on to #7, I end up digging into the Old Testament. We are bound for Canaan, the land of milk and honey.
WRONG CANAAN, DUMMY.

Canaan Special

Ingredients

  • 2 parts Rumchata
  • 1 part honey whiskey
  • Apple wedge for garnish
Directions
  1. Shake Rumchata and whiskey in shaker with ice
  2. Strain into a martini glass
  3. Garnish with apple wedge
     And to finish off the eight days of drinking, I figure I have done horrifying damage to my body. In honor of damage for the sake of damage, my last drink is named after a famous villainess from Jewish folklore: Lilith.
Yes, but more evil and less laugh track.
Lilith's Kiss

Ingredients
  • 2 parts Berentzen Apel
  • 1 part DeKuyper Hot Damn!
  • Atomic Fireball candy
Directions
  1. Shake Apel and Hot Damn! in shaker with ice.
  2. Strain into martini glass
  3. Drop Atomic Fireball in glass and give a light stir
Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment