Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Homebound Day #8: Casualties of the Bar

As we head into our second week at home with no end in sight, we had our first casualty. I finished a bottle of Lawson's Super Spiced Scotch. This is a genuine problem as they do not make this particular libation any longer.
Which is why I bought a case and a half.
I have to hope that the 16 bottles I have left can hold. I also found a 1.75L bottle of Tito's Vodka that I had forgotten about, so the day wasn't a total loss. The find was bitter sweet as I realized we are almost out of white rum.  will have to make due with the handle of Admiral Nelson and the two fifths of premium rum I've stashed away. 

The pork loin has come and gone. It turned into carnitas and is now well on the way to turning into poop. Circle of life and all that. Tomorrow we're going to cook up some ground beef and make tacos. 

Spirits are medium-high. In a fit of boredom, I decided we would finally move a cabinet down a flight of stairs and convert it into a game cabinet for the Spud. This was accomplished with no discernible screaming.  That's it for now.
Stay safe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment