Tuesday, March 17, 2020

First full day of staying home

As most of you are acutely aware, the Coronavirus has drastically changed how many of us have to live. My wife and I are both teachers, and both our schools are closed until March 30th. The prevailing notion is the closings will last far longer. It is possible that the schools could remain closed for the remainder of the year and students will work online from home.

That being said, we are stuck home for at least 15 days. We will do everything in our power to not go out, though this means being trapped at home with a feisty four year old. What I've got going for me is that I was raised in a house where you always bought way more than you'd need "just in case."  The Wife continually questioned why I insisted on keeping six jars of peanut butter and jellies, bags and bags of frozen potatoes and vegetables, cases of ramen noodles, matzoh, and assorted pastas. Why did I buy 48 packs of toilet paper every week or so?

Well, "just in case" has arrived. We have plenty of food in the fridge, freezer, and pantry. We have a rack full of food we've canned in the last couple of years. We have toilet paper and paper towels. We get our prescriptions in 90 day supplies, so we're good there. There is no fear of running out of booze.

What this means is that we don't have to run out and grab stuff from the store; stuff that somebody might need more than we do. Our goal is to live on what we've got in the house for 15 days. At worst, we will have to go out for milk. That's it. I'll try to give regular updates of what we're eating and how it's going. I'll post videos when I can (there's one at the bottom!)

Today's Meals:
Breakfast: Egg and cheese on English muffins for me and The Wife. Fruit Loops for the Spud
whoops, we have already run out of English muffins!


Dinner: Shepherd's Pie (using up the leftover mashed potatoes from the weekend)

-Stay Safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment