|Lemon Chicken with Broccoli|
via Betty Crocker 300 Calorie Cookbook
- 2 cups (4 ounces) uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (naturally, I went with shells instead)
- 1/4 cup crushed round buttery crackers (I will gladly endorse Ritz crackers here for a fat paycheck)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (I just used an equal amount of dried lemon zest)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4" strips (it is clear from the picture that I willfully ignored this direction and cut the chicken into chunks. TAKE THAT, BETTY CROCKER!)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (lazy, as always, I used 2 teaspoons minced garlic from a jar)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets or broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed low-fat, low-sodium cream of chicken soup (I actually make it a point to use this kind of soup in recipes. Otherwise, the sodium gets totally out of hand and I inflate like a tick)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk (Not happening. I can't stand skim. I used 2%)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I hope they meant from a bottle, because that's what I used)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350F. Spray 13x9" glass baking dish with cooking spray (I used a Corningware dish here just to be spiteful)
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package (Really? They could have saved everyone time by just changing "uncooked pasta" to "cooked pasta" up in the ingredients. And don't start any crap with amount changing because of cooking. It would have been just fine. This is just Betty Crocker intentionally giving me shit). Meanhwile, in a small bowl, mix crushed crackers and lemon peel; set aside.
- Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray (I used a 12 inch skillet. I am done with being bullied by a fictional cook); heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is brown. Remove from heat; stir in pasta and remaining ingredients. Spoon chicken mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Cover with foil; bake 25 minutes. Bake uncovered 10-15 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.