Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Too Damned Easy Chocolate Pudding Macaroon Pie

     Now that the school year is in full swing, time is of the essence during the week. When I get home, I need dinner to come together in less than an hour if at all possible. I need all the time I can get to focus on unwinding, smoking cigars and drinking bourbon in preparation for the next day. It is this time-consciousness that has caused me to start writing these "Too Damned Easy" recipes. Some of these recipes may seem ridiculous in their simplicity, but you'll thank me when you are able to put together a decent meal after work that doesn't take much time or effort. These are recipes that you should have all the ingredients for at any given time. Okay, maybe you won't have macaroons on hand. Get creative. Bust up whatever cookies are laying around. Throw some Cap'n Crunch in there. Get crazy. As always, any notes are in blue.

Too Damned Easy
Chocolate Pudding Macaroon Pie
Ingredients
  • 9" graham cracker pie crust (store bought. If you're making it from scratch here, you're missing the point of this recipe)
  • 10-12 macaroons of your favorite flavor, broken up into small bits (for whatever reason, I had a can of cappuccino macaroons, so that's what I used)
  •  1 box instant chocolate pudding
  • Milk for instant pudding
  • Whipped topping, optional (I had better not find out you made it from scratch. You'd better be busting out a container of Cool Whip. I would have used it, but I didn't have any in the house and I sure as hell wasn't making a special trip to the store for a throw-together dessert)
Directions
  1. Take broken-up macaroons and lay them in an even layer in the pie crust. 
    Like so.
    I assure you, no matter how much that looks like ground beef, it is actually cappuccino macaroons in there.
  2. Make the chocolate pudding according to the instructions on the box (this is where you double check that you're using INSTANT pudding or you're going to be sorely disappointed later when you have a bowl of chocolate macaroon soup)
  3. Pour the pudding into the pie crust, making sure to completely cover the macaroons.
  4. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Top with whipped topping when serving.
Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment