Wednesday, May 1, 2013

High Class Food Blogging

     I have made it a point to visit lots of different food blogs and pages. I like to find new recipes and tips and also to see what other people are doing to find success. I have noted that many of these blogs and pages have a level of polish and professionalism that mine does not possess. There is a great deal of thought that goes into the page design. The pictures of their food looks as if it belongs in a magazine. Everything is plated meticulously. Everything is Just So. I ask myself why mine does not look like that. On reflection, the answer is fairly obvious.
Besides that.
     I cook the way I live. I'm not out to impress anybody with what I do. If my ramblings and working in the kitchen impress or inspire, super. I'm not going to doll it up though. I make messes. I have huge disasters and meltdowns in the kitchen. However, I'm having fun. That's what I want people to see.

Maybe not this much fun, though.
     I don't play around with my pictures. I'm not going to tidy the plate every time. I'm not setting up a shot where I have a color coordinated table that looks like it's straight out of Better Homes and Gardens. I'm not going to use fancy fonts. I'm not going to use fancy web design. Why? I'm lazy. What you see in the pictures is exactly what I was about to eat, and probably right where I'm going to eat it.

     Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing on these other sites. I love that sort of stuff. I am an avid follower of dozens of them. They are a great source of information and inspiration. Their presentation is truly amazing. It's probably why they have such large followings. You don't have to be an artist to appreciate art.  It's humbling to put my stuff up against theirs. After sifting through the good looking sites, I'm always amazed when my prattling and quick photographs attract followers.
Mr. Norris approves.
     All I hope is that the people who are following are enjoying themselves. You see me sign off with the same tag line after every blog post. You know why I do this. It's certainly not for the fame and fortune. It's for one thing.

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment