Thursday, July 4, 2019

Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore

Summer around here means one thing: It's too damned hot to turn on the oven. Seriously. I can have the house at a comfortable 70 degrees, but if I cook anything in the oven, it shoots right up to 75. This is when the slow-cooker gets dragged out. This recipe came together super fast and is extremely good over pasta or rice. In other news, I somehow managed to lose every photo I had of this recipe. I checked every memory card I had. The pictures are totally gone. I don't know, maybe I was drunk and forgot to actually take the pictures. In any case, enjoy this picture of a chicken shrugging in place of the actual dish. As always, notes are in (blue).
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Ingredients

  • 2-3 (about 1.5 lb.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (feel free to use boneless, skinless thighs if you prefer)
  • 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 onion, halved and sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into small slice
  • 1 can (8oz) sliced mushrooms, drained (you can certainly use fresh if you prefer)
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions
  1. Put chicken in the bottom of slow cooker.
  2. Unceremoniously dump everything else on top of chicken
  3. Cook on LOW for 6 hours
  4. Give everything a good stir before serving.
Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment