Sunday, December 14, 2014

Too Damned Easy Sausage Gravy

     I wasn't always a fan of biscuits and gravy. In fact, I didn't even know it existed until I went to college and they served it at the cafeteria. Biscuit and gravy day was one of the few weekdays I would get up early. Now I make it at home and don't have to get up early to do it. I don't even have to wear pants. This particular recipe has some heat, as I use plenty of seasoning. It's good on biscuits, crescent rolls, eggs, hash browns, or just about anything breakfasty. It's super fast and easy to make and really dresses up a tube of store-bought biscuit dough.

Too Damned Easy Sausage Gravy
Ingredients

  • 1 pound country sausage
  • 3 heaping tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1-3/4 cups milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne 
Directions
  1. In a medium saucepan, brown sausage. Do not drain the grease.
  2. Lower the heat to low and add all the other ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are totally incorporated into the milk. Adjust the milk/flour ratios if the consistency needs work. Just remember you may have to adjust the seasonings to account for increased flour and/or milk. 
  3. Once it's the consistency you like, take it off the heat and get it on some biscuits!
Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment