Monday, May 26, 2014

Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip

     Now and again I take requests on what to cook. My only limitation is that I must have the ingredients on hand if I'm going to actually go ahead and cook it. I got lucky this time and had a request for spinach-artichoke dip. I actually had all the ingredients I figured I would need. I was doing this recipe totally from scratch. I had no previous recipe to work from. The end result? Holy shit, was it good. I'm talking restaurant good. I can say with some level of confidence that if you have this recipe on hand, you'll never need to order it in a restaurant again. Unless you want to. See if I care. As always, notes are in blue.

Slow Cooker
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Ingredients

  • 1 10-ounce box frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed of excess water
  • 1 12-ounce can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 8 ounces cream cheese (I always use neufchatel to keep the fat down) cubed
  • 1 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Directions
  1. Load all ingredients into a small slow cooker (we used a 1.5 quart cooker)
  2. Cover and cook on LOW 2-3 hours, stirring half way through the cooking and again at the end.
Good times!


No comments:

Post a Comment