Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Pudding

     I'm sure if you checked your cabinets right now, you would find a can of pumpkin lurking about. Go ahead and check. I'll wait.

     You found one, didn't you? If not, you just didn't look hard enough. I assure you, it's in there. The point of this exercise is to find that can and be rid of it in the simplest way possible that doesn't involve just throwing it in the trash. With a couple more ingredients, you can chuck it all in the slow cooker and have pumpkin pie pudding! All right, it's not really that exciting, but it does taste exactly like the filling of a pumpkin pie. This shouldn't be a shocker because if you check the ingredients, that's basically what you have thrown in the slow cooker. Stop complaining and cover it with whipped cream. As always, any notes or changes are in blue.


Pumpkin Pie Pudding
via Fix It and Forget It Lightly
Ingredients

  • 15-ounce can pumpkin
  • 12-ounce can evaporated skim milk (just used regular evaporated milk. I can't stand skim)
  • 3/4 cup Splenda (calories or tumors...hmm. I went with 3/4 cup granulated sugar instead)
  • 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk baking mix (didn't have the low-fat variety. Just used regular buttermilk mix)
  • 2 eggs, beaten or 6 egg whites (I don't feel like storing a half dozen egg yolks and I'm certainly just not going to shitcan them. I went with the 2 egg option)
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest (I was feeling lazy and didn't want to zest a lemon that I actually had on hand. I used dried lemon peel from a jar instead)
Directions
  1. Spray slow-cooker with non-stick cooking spray (this inside)
  2. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir until lumps disappear.
  3. Cover. Cook on LOW 3 hours.
  4. Serve warm or cold.
Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment