Monday, January 24, 2022

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup

Lately we have been in survival mode. We've had some drama around the homestead and work has been one nightmare after another for me and The Wife. Among other things, I had a sinus infection that led to over three weeks of coughing. Scorpia summed it up very succinctly:
Well, more of a challenge of a last few months.

Last Sunday, I finally had the energy to throw together something new. This recipe is about as easy as you could want. We used ALDI frozen chicken breasts. I didn't even defrost the meat, I just chucked it in frozen. If you're a vegetarian, feel free to leave the meat out. This would make a fine potato soup. If you're feeling tired and lazy, this is the way to go. It's a perfect soup for this weather. It's thick and spicy and definitely takes the edge off a cold day. Try it and let me know what you think, unless it's negative, then don't. I probably couldn't handle it at this point. As always, notes are in blue.

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup

Ingredients

  • 6 potatoes, cut into small (1/4") cubes. Peeling them is optional
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
  • 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
  • 1 pound chicken (boneless skinless thighs or breasts. I used breasts for this recipe)
  • 2 packs (2 ounces each) Buffalo Chicken Soup/Dip Mix (I got mine at Aldi. I'm sure most grocery stores have it. If you don't like spicy, do one packet. If you do like spicy, use the two recommended and then dump in some Frank's or Tabasco)
  • 32 ounces chicken stock
  • 1 block (8 ounces) Neufchatel cheese (or you can use regular cream cheese)
Directions
  1. Throw everything but the cheese into a 5 quart or larger slow cooker in the order listed above. 
  2. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
  3. Shred the chicken (I just got in there with a couple of forks and tore it up)
  4. Add the cheese and stir until it is incorporated. 
  5. Turn to LOW and cook another 30 minutes.
Good times!


No comments:

Post a Comment