Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year's Black Eyed Peas and Greens

     It seems fitting that this would be the first recipe of the new year. I had no idea this was even a tradition until 2015. I guess this signifies good luck and good fortune or something like that. I have no clue. I saw a bunch of different versions and decided to make my own. It's actually quite tasty and I would consider making it again.
     In other news, I will be trying to step up production of recipes and videos for the new year. The Spud takes a lot of my time, which is why things have been a little spare around here. Just stick with me and hopefully I'll continue providing the same low-grade amusement and iffy recipes you're accustomed to. Here's to a great 2016!

New Year's Black-Eyed Peas and Greens
Ingredients

  • 1 can (15.5 ounce) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can (14.5 ounce) turnip greens, drained
  • 1 can (14.5 ounce) chili tomatoes
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon jerk sauce (or hot sauce of your choice)
  • Options: Little Smokies, a pound of browned ground sausage, sliced smoked sausage
Directions
  1. Dump everything in a slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
  2. That's it. 
Good times and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment