Monday, August 23, 2021

Pickle Dip

 Some time ago I happened on a wondrous product at our Sam's Club. It was a Taste of the South Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip. It was delicious and reasonably priced. However, our Sam's is almost 30 minutes away. It wasn't always practical to pick it up. I decided to replicate the recipe. I'll be damned if I didn't come really close. This is an excellent dip for veggies or chips, or as a filler for those cute little spiral roll ups. You could just be a savage and spoon it straight into your gob. Nobody will know. Fair warning, much like the original, the pickles cause the dip to break down and get watery after a day or two. Just stir it a few times and you're back in business. Try it. It's killing you not to. 

I'd like it pointed out I did not make any "pickle dip" jokes in this post. I'm growing as a person. I guess if you want a pickle dip joke you'll have to insert it yourself. DAMMIT I WAS SO CLOSE.

Pickle Dip

Ingredients

  • 1 pint jar of pickles. 
  • 1 lb container sour cream
  • 4 ounces cream cheese (we used neufchatel), softened
  • 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
  • 1/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
Directions
  1. Take the pickles from the jar and chop them as finely as you can. Reserve the pickle juice from the jar, you may need it later.
  2. In a large bowl, add all the ingredients (except the reserved pickle juice) and whisk the living shit out of it until everything is incorporated.
    If I didn't have a whisk, I'd be in a real "pickle."
    Sorry.
  3. Give it a taste, if it's not pickly enough for you, (picklishious? pickletastic?) add a couple splashes of pickle juice. Don't get crazy or the dip will get thin.
Good times!


No comments:

Post a Comment